BSU Journalism Workshops
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Monthly Contest Guidelines
Each month’s contests will open on the FIRST of the month and will close on the LAST DAY of the month. Results will be announced by the 15TH of the following month.
Contests are open to any middle or high school students.
Entries may do not need to be previously published, but all content must be credible and have the potential to be published.
Contest entries are $6 each.
Pay for monthly contests here: https://commerce.cashnet.com/BALL_ESS004 (select the monthly contest category on the right side, then choose how many contests you would like to purchase)
*Make sure you enter your submissions into the correct categories. Entries in the wrong category will not be judged.*
- Photo of the Month
- Story of the Month
- Design of the Month
- Broadcast of the Month
- Online Package of the Month
- Non-Text Storytelling Piece of the Month (includes infographics and social media)
- In-Depth Story Package (includes multiple stories, infographics and photos that cover a single topic)
Contest entries are $6 each, or you can take advantage of these special rates:
- 80 entries/year: $420 (a $60 savings; 10 free)
- 60 entries/year: $330 (a $30 savings; 5 free)
- 40 entries/year: $220 (a $20 savings; 3 free)
Fees may be paid online via credit card or mail via check/purchase order